2. Paint an undercolor, as sloppy as you can. Use a color that contrasts to you final choice.
3. Let it all dry a little bit. Wash some paint off with a damp rag.
4. Once dry, scratch some areas by going over the paint with a steel brush, and rubb some other areas with a wax candle (prevents next coat from sticking).
5. Paint the chair again, with another color.
6.When dry, sand the waxed areas lightly so the underpaint shows.
7. Repeat if necessary. You can't mess up :) You can just wash or sand and paint over again.
8. Grind the corners and some other areas rather hard. Think of places where there normally would be some wear and tear. Make a few more scratches. Use a steel brush on some areas, and sand other.
9. Wax with furniture wax.
10. Go over some areas with a little dirt.