Verdiales is a tradition of music, song and dance believed to pre-date flamenco. The art is still very popular in Málaga province. Some sources maintain Verdiales dates back to pre-Roman times with the main fiestas coinciding with the summer and winter solstices. Comares, just next doors from us, not only has an exceptional location at high altitude which allows for incredible
views across the region. Each year, during the summer, there is also a major festival of Verdiales held in The Plaza Balcón de La Axarquia. And in Comares you find som of the best verdiales players and singers.
Festival de Verdiales in Comares
Saturday 23 of July 2011
from 22:00 on on all night:
- PANDA DE VERDIALES RAÍCES DE MALAGA.
- PANDA DE VERDIALES ARROYO CONCAS.
- PANDA DE VERDIALES 1ª DE COMARES.
- PANDA DE VERDIALES LA COPLA (ALMOGÍA).
- PANDA DE VERDIALES SANTÓN PITAR (MONTES)
See you there!